Below are some websites and links which staff and teachers might find helpful.
- Infinitec (Infinite potential through technology)
Decatur Public School Resources:
- Rewordify https://rewordify.com - A text compactor that simplifies and shortens readings
- Newsela https://newsela.com - Articles on current topics can be adjusted to five different levels by sliding a bar on the right, includes comprehension questions
- Tween Tribune from the Smithsonian http://www.tweentribune.com - Similar to Newsela, adjustable to four Lexile levels, with audio versions for additional support
- Comprehension Bookmarks http://www.ccsoh.us/downloads/reading%20Processes.pdf for readers who are struggling with a complex text
- For academic writing, here's a word bank of transitions http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/Transitions.html; an essay structure graphic: http://images.slideplayer.com/18/5709021/slides/slide_8.jpg; and sentence frames http://www.ouhsd.k12.ca.us/wp-content/uploads/docs/migrant_el-17.pdf.
- "Teaching a Class with Big Ability Differences" by Todd Finley in Edutopia, April 13, 2017. https://www.edutopia.org/article/teaching-class-big-ability-differences-todd-finley
- Education Online - "A Teacher's Guide to Special Education Resources". https://educationonline.ku.edu/articles/a-teachers-guide-to-special-education-resources.html